SCHEDULE UPDATES AS OF 1/6/2020:
Varsity Boys/JV Boys/Potential Players
*1/8 Tryout Meeting 3:35pm in room 205 - If you have not turned in your physical form, turn it in. You CANNOT attend tryouts without a current physical on file
*1/13 Otters Spirit Night 5-8pm
*1/13-1/14 Tryouts 6:00-8:00pm Cobleigh Stadium RAIN OR SHINE
*1/15 Tryouts 6:30-8:30pm Cobleigh Stadium RAIN OR SHINE - Rosters posted that night on Coach Gross' blog
*1/16-1/17 Varsity Practice 6:15-8:15pm Cobleigh Stadium
*1/16-1/17 JV Practice TBA
*1/16 Varsity uniform distribution in Coach Gross' classroom immediately after school
*1/17 JV uniform distribution in Coach Gross' classroom immediately after school
Varsity Girls/JV Girls/Potential Players
*1/8: Tryout Meeting 8:00am in room 205. If you have not turned in your physical form, turn it in. You CANNOT attend tryouts without a current physical on file
*1/13 Otters Spirit Night, 5-8pm
*1/13-1/15: Tryouts 3:45-5:45pm Cobleigh Stadium RAIN OR SHINE - Teams will be posted the evening of 1/15 on Coach Gross' blog
*1/16-1/17: Varsity Practice 3:45-6:00 Cobleigh Stadium
*1/16-1/17 JV practice TBA
*1/16 Varsity uniform distribution AFTER practice in locker room
*1/17 JV uniform distribution in locker room immediately after school
*All advertisement agreements are due NO LATER than Friday, 1/10. All agreements, payments AND graphics need to be sent to Aimee @ firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to her - 350 Julia Drive, PS 30127. This INCLUDES if your personal business/company is sponsoring your child.
Typically, we have our kickoff luncheon and pictures the same time, every year. Due to club coaches scheduling tournaments/showcases during high school season, we are now needing to accommodate players and change our schedule.
With the overwhelming amount of players that will be attending the Disney Showcase in January, we are moving our Kick Off Luncheon/Pictures. They will now be on Saturday, January 25th. Lunch will be from 11-12:30. Pictures to begin at the stadium at 1:00pm
Not attending practice on Friday, 1/17 and/or Monday, 1/20 is NOT an option. Make your travel arrangements around practices. If you are missing BOTH of these practices, the player needs to talk to Coach Gross.
We will have one more conditioning session before we leave for Winter Break. Conditioning will be Tuesday, after school, at the stadium.
We have an upcoming Spirit Night with Zaxby's Dallas Highway. Tuesday, December 17th, 5-8pm. DINE IN ONLY. Please attend and spread the word!!
Lastly, ALL advertisement agreements/payments are due by Friday, December 20th. They need to be mailed to Aimee DeFrank: 350 Julia Drive, Powder Springs, GA 30127. Over the winter break she will be making sure we have all logos, etc so they are linked on our webpage/scoreboard and are ready to go for our season. Any questions, please email Aimee at email@example.com
Congratulations to our Lady Hoyas
These soccer stars were recognized
at Fall Signing Day.
We are so proud of you.
2020 Pre-Season Information for Soccer (Women/Men)
Fees for the 2020 Season are $550.00 (Fundraising information to offset this cost are listed below)
* A physical form needs to be completed/uploaded through parentvue. A physical NEEDS TO BE ON FILE prior to your child participating in pre-season conditioning. If your child participated in a Fall/Winter sport, they do not need an updated physical. The one on file will transfer to Spring. After you upload your physical forms, please print a copy and have your child give a copy to Coach Gross.
* First day of conditioning will be Friday, December 6th immediately after school at the stadium. YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN CONDITIONING WITHOUT A PHYSICAL FORM ON FILE. For new players, conditioning is running, no cleats or ball and usually last about a hour/1.5.
* Flu shots are NOT required but highly recommended. Every season we fight with the flu and players missing practice/school.
* Tryout Week - There will be 3 days of tryouts - January 13, 14, & 15th. Times will be communicated later. Teams will be announced on Coach Gross' blog the evening of January 15th. Practice will be Thursday & Friday (uniform kits & practice jerseys will be distributed one of these days) Player/team pictures will be on Saturday, January 18th at the stadium (order forms will be distributed when teams are announced). Parent/Player luncheon will take place on Saturday, January 18th at the school, main dining hall, following player/team pictures.
* Spirit wear will be available through Big Frog when teams are announced (a link will be sent via email). Sample spirit wear and sizes will be available at the Parent/Player luncheon on Saturday, 1/18.
* February Break - ALL teams will play over this break
* Spring Break - JV is done with their season prior to Spring break. Varsity will play the Friday night BEFORE Spring Break (4/3) and then has OFF all of Spring Break but NEEDS to report for practice, IN THE EVENING, on Saturday, 4/11
We offer three different fundraisers to offset the cost of the dues. These fundraisers are a direct offset to your child's dues.
(1) Zeigler's Boston Butts. You can sell/purchase a Boston Butt for $50. $25 goes towards your dues. These are great for holiday parties. Attached is the order form. All order forms/payments will be sent to Aimee DeFrank. Contact information is on the order form.
(2) Yankee Candle. You can sell/purchase Yankee Candle products and 40% of your total sales goes towards your dues. Attached is the information sheet. All paper orders/payments will be sent to Aimee DeFrank. Contact information is on the form. If you need a catalog/paper order form, please contact Aimee DeFrank.
(3) Advertisements - The advertisements range in price of $50 to $250. For every business ad you sell, that amount is deducted from your fees. Attached is the contract that states what is offered with each tier of advertisement. All advertisement contracts/payments will be sent directly to Aimee DeFrank. Contact information is on the contract which is attached.